School Swimming Provision
With one in five children leaving primary school unable to swim; the UK government recognises the importance of teaching young people swimming and water safety by including school swimming lessons in the national curriculum.
Whilst many children learn to swim outside of school; for some, primary school will be the only opportunity they have to learn these vital lifesaving skills.
We have many years experience of providing high quality school swimming lessons tailored to each school and different year groups. We don’t believe school swimming lessons should be a tick box exercise but we aim to go above and beyond to harness the full potential of each participant to become the best swimmer they can be as well as being safe in the water. Swimming is the only sport on the curriculum that could potentially save a life so it’s important that school swimming is both a fun and productive session for all involved.
After almost 2 years of trying to teach my youngest son how to swim, we finally found Alex and she did what no one else could. He was swimming within weeks!
I can’t rate her teaching skills highly enough.
The three key outcomes for school swimming is that all children leaving key stage 2 are:
- Perform a safe self rescue
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25m
- Use a range of strokes effectively eg. Front crawl, breast stroke and backstroke.
Schools are required to publish information on the percentage of their pupils in year 6 who meet the above requirements.
We offer school swimming lessons on an individual basis for each school; we appreciate every school has their own timetable for school swimming and may already have inhouse staff that provide lessons so we can either work alongside your current PE department to provide additional teachers or oversee the entire swim programme. We are happy to advise on how we can provide or improve each school’s provision so the children can really get the most from their school lessons.
We love what we do and understand that often planning logistics of off site school activities can be time consuming and sometimes complicated without a background in swimming.
Our team of experienced swimming teachers can tailor lessons to help your school get the best possible outcome from what is not an insignificant investment of time and resources.
Just wanted to message and say how fab this weeks going, my son is loving his lessons and growing in confidence everyday, Mike has been mainly teaching but hes been amazing. Thank you
Services we offer:
- Advice on how to best group swimmers according to age/ ability
- Exceptional teaching from a team who are qualified to a minimum of Swim England level 2 in teaching and passionate about what they do
- Fun and progressive lessons that really benefit the children in the pool
- Tangible progression during a term/ short course
- Planning of lessons and outcomes for different year groups
- Short termly reports or feedback on each child for parents on request
- Work towards badges and certificates if applicable
- Inclusion of all children within school swimming lessons
- Risk assessments
- Liaising with parents/ teachers to prepare registers
- Booking of facility hire if required
- Cover teachers to assist.
Prices for school swimming provision will be dependent on various factors from the above list, services provided, number of pupils/ teachers and facility used. Please call 01732 700231 to discuss or to arrange a meeting.